Friday, December 16, 2011

What Inspired

I'm graduating my university in four and a half months. Four and a half months. I've decided to travel because of what started one year ago.

From January 2011 to August 2011 I lived a life I never thought possible. From January to May I studied at a University in Jerusalem, Israel. The rest of those months were spent volunteering at a local hostel and making friends with people who created my memories. Through that hostel I met people who are professional travelers (meaning they've travelled for more than 10 years). I've seen with my own eyes that's this life is possible.

And it's a life I don't really want to leave.

I don't have to fill my bank account. But I want to fill my life up.

I think the best way to learn is to leave where your life began. Broaden your horizons, reach for the fearful, learn a new way of thinking, and hope with your heart.

These pictures are from my travels in Israel and the time I spent in Jordan. I miss the Middle East. I miss the culture and the way of life, but most of all I miss the people. I never thought I'd find a home outside of good 'ole USA, but this time around I don't want to buy a plane ticket back. I want to live my life somewhere new.

0 comments:

Post a Comment